Install Apache Web Server under CentOS or Red Hat
You can install Apache/Httpd under Red Hat/CentOS by doing the following:
- Open your VPS console from the Power Management control panel.
- Log In to your VPS by entering your username and password.
- To install Apache/Httpd under Red Hat/CentOS use the following command:
# yum install httpd
- To start Apache/Httpd under Red Hat/CentOS use the following commands:
# chkconfig httpd on # /etc/init.d/httpd start
- httpd service runs at port 80 by default. You can check if port 80 is open by using the following command:
# netstat -tulpn | grep :80
Congratulations, you have installed Apache/Httpd under Red Hat/CentOS.
Uploading website files
The default directory for Red Hat/CentOS versions is: /var/www/html
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.
Support ticket has been sent to your email, please check for your ticket id.
- Install Apache Web Server under Debian or Ubuntu
- Install SSH Server on CentOS
- Install the vsftpd FTP Server on CentOS
- Install MySQL database server on CentOS
- Install cPanel on a CentOS