Configuring vsftpd FTP Server on Ubuntu or Debian
You can configure a vsftpd FTP Server on Ubuntu/Debian by following these instructions:
- The default vsftpd configuration file is /etc/vsftpd.conf. You need to edit this file using a text editor such as VI using the following command:
$ sudo vi /etc/vsftpd.conf
- To allow local users to log in via ftp, add the following line to the vsftpd configuration file:
- If you would like to allow users to upload files, add the following:
- For security you may restrict local users to their home directories. To do that, add the following to the file:
- Save and close the file.
- Restart vsftpd service using the following command:
$ sudo service vsftpd restart
Congratulations, you have configured vsftpd FTP Server on Ubuntu/Debian.
Fantastic...Thank you for your feedback =)
Sorry... Please submit a support ticket or try another search.
Support ticket has been sent to your email, please check for your ticket id.
- Install the vsftpd FTP Server on Ubuntu or Debian
- Configuring SSH Server on Debian or Ubuntu
- Configuring vsftpd FTP Server on CentOS
- Install MySQL database server on Debian or Ubuntu
- Install SSH Server on Debian or Ubuntu VPS